- All teams must consist of a minimum 8 players and maximum of 12 players
- All teams must consist of men and women, with a minimum requirement of 2 women / female presenting players on the field at all times
- All teams must consist of a minimum of three (3) players whose country of origin is the same as the country represented in the SCWC. Country of origin is defined as having been born in the country or having at least one parent born in the country
- All players must be residents (or students with temporary residence) in Western Pennsylvania
- All players must be 18 or older
- All players must sign a liability waiver
- Good sportsmanship and fair play is expected from all players at all times
- Although not required, all players are strongly encouraged to wear shin guards during gameplay
The tournament will consist of 32 teams from 32 countries. The event is first come first serve registration by country and continent. Once a country has registered or a continent is full, additional teams for either may be placed on a waitlist and notified by October 11th if they have been admitted to the tournament.
Continent and team allocations are:
- Africa — 7 teams
- Asia — 5 teams
- Europe — 10 teams
- North America, Central America, and Caribbean — 4 teams
- Oceania — 1 team
- South America — 5 teams
At the Steel City World Cup Group Draw event, all 32 teams will be randomly assigned to one of 8 groups consisting of four (4) teams each. Teams will play all of their three (3) Group Stage games on Saturday. The top two (2) teams from each group will qualify for the Single Elimination Stage the following day which will include the rounds of 16, 8, 4, and Finals.
- 7 v 7 (including goalkeeper) on small fields
- 36 minute matches with 3-minute halftime (Group Stage Games)
- 48 minute matches with 5-minute halftime (Rounds of 16, 8, 4, and Finals)
- Unlimited substitutions
- A minimum of 2 women / female presenting players must be on the field at all times and for the duration of the game
- Matches will follow FIFA rules and regulations with a few noted exceptions. All match rules can be found HERE.