- All teams must consist of a minimum 8 players and maximum of 12 players
- All teams must consist of men and women, with a minimum requirement of 2 women on the field at all times
- All teams must consist of a minimum of three (3) players whose country of origin is the same as the country represented in the SCWC. Country of origin is defined as having been born in the country or having at least one parent born in the country
- All players must be residents (or students with temporary residence) in Western Pennsylvania
- All players must be above the age of 18
- All players must sign a liability waiver
- All players must wear shin guards at all times during gameplay
- All players should exhibit good sportsmanship and fair play
The tournament will consist of 32 teams from 32 countries. The event is first come first serve registration by country and continent. Once a country has registered or a continent is full, additional teams for either may be placed on a waitlist and notified by May 31st if they have been admitted to the tournament.
Continent and team allocations are:
- Africa — 7 teams
- Asia — 5 teams
- Europe — 10 teams
- North America, Central America, and Caribbean — 4 teams
- Oceania — 1 team
- South America — 5 teams
At the Steel City World Cup Group Draw event, all 32 teams will be randomly assigned to one of 8 groups consisting of four (4) teams each. Each team will play all of their three (3) Group Stage games on Saturday, June 22nd in Coraopolis. The top two (2) teams from each group will qualify for the Single Elimination Stage the following day, June 23rd in Coraopolis, which will include the rounds of 16, 8, and 4. The final two teams will play on Saturday, June 29th after the Pittsburgh Riverhounds game at Highmark Stadium.
- 7 v 7 (including goalkeeper) on small fields
- 36 minute matches with 3-minute halftime (Group Stage Games)
- 48 minute matches with 5-minute halftime (Rounds of 16, 8, and 4)
- 60 minute match with 8-minute halftime (Finals Match)
- Unlimited substitutions
- 2 women players must be on the field at all times and for the duration of the game
- Matches will follow FIFA rules and regulations with a few noted exceptions. All match rules can be found HERE.